Eligibility for Membership
Membership is available to:
- persons who
- share the common bond by living or working within a 5 mile radius of Carrickmacross town centre.
- members of the same household and family of another credit union member who works in these localities, or
- incorporated or unincorporated bodies, a majority of whose members are persons who share the common bond;whose applications have been approved for membership by the Credit Union in accordance with this policy and
- have paid the entrance fee of €0.63c for Adults & 10cent for Juveniles and
- have paid for the minimum share value of €6.35.
Common Bond Area
Membership ends in the event of:
- account closure
- ceasing to hold the minimum shareholding
- expulsion in accordance with the credit union rules or
- discovery of a defect in a member’s eligibility for membership at the time of their admission, but does not end in the event of a member ceasing to hold the common bond.